Monday, December 14, 2009

Can 20% salicylic acid peels cause keloids?

I used L'oreal's Renoviste (10% glycolic acid) before for acne scars and it was okay but I do tend to get keloids (ear lobes and chest) so I was a little worried about getting them all over my face! What about using the peel for the back? I read somewhere that the upper back and shoulders are prone to keloids?Can 20% salicylic acid peels cause keloids?
People who have dark coloring seem to grow keloid more than any other population.





In some African cultures sequential cuts are made for decorative scarification.





I don't think i'd be playing around with 20% solution of any acid if i didn't know what affect it would have.Can 20% salicylic acid peels cause keloids?
Unfortunately, the answers here are incorrect. I am a person with darker skin tone and of African American heritage. I have problems with Acne %26amp; keloids. I can tell you that I use 20% salicylic acid on my face and have not ever gotten a keloid from it. Report Abuse

as a student studying dermatology, you used to product that obviously didn't work.





and if you get them all over your face, that really sucks.





GET OVER IT. there are people worse than you.














i just checked and the answer you gave me was inaccurate,.. my right have been taken away because i have lost my right to asemble, freedom of self expression, etc.





don't answer my questions if that's the attitude you give people and cant be serious about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment