Monday, December 14, 2009

Chemical Peel -- salicylic acid 5% ointment. Can I use it on my face?

Can I use 5% salicylic acid for acne on my face?





Is this ointment very potent for my face and will cause burns?





I know that this ointment is used for psoriasis. SO I need to make sure its adequate for skin on the face.





How often do I need to apply it. For how many hours is each application. What do I need to use to wash it off? For how long do I need to use (weeks, months)





Please and Thanks Chemical Peel -- salicylic acid 5% ointment. Can I use it on my face?
You usually don't want to use anything on your face that contains more than 2 or 3% salicylic acid. It can dry out your face and cause problems. There's a type of benzine peroxide (I think that's what it's called) that works very well too. You don't want to go any higher than 1% with that tho. If you water your ointment down a bit, you should be okay. You can also try mixing it in with some oil free facial moisturizer. That way it won't be as concentrated. Just wash it off with an unscented hand soap (Dial Gold is best). I wouldn't use it more than once a day.Chemical Peel -- salicylic acid 5% ointment. Can I use it on my face?
If you have ever used Stri-Dex pads, that contains salicylic acid. I don't know about the concentration of that medication you're considering using, but if you have sensitive skin, it might cause your skin some irritation and redness. Your facial skin is more sensitive than most of the other skin on your body. Do be careful.

No comments:

Post a Comment